Join us for the 3rd annual Deem National Pro-Am at Prairie View Golf Club in Carmel, Indiana.
The last putt has been holed, prizes have been distributed, pictures have been posted, and bragging rights have been earned for the annual 2020 DEEM National Pro-Am benefitting the Evans Scholars Foundation through the Western Golf Association and Central Indiana caddies. Among the oldest and most prestigious in the United States, the Western Golf Association uses their tournament legacy and reputation to further their charitable mission, the Evans Scholars Foundation. The Evans Scholars Program, providing college scholarships to caddies from modest means, is supported by more than 400 clubs and regional golf associations including the Indiana Golf Association.
It was yet another first-class event at Prairie View Golf Club, Indiana’s premiere public course where we awarded almost $48,000 in prize money and amateur shop credit. Eric Steger, the reigning Indiana State Open champion, walked away with $9,500 in combined individual and team prize money.
In the team division, Steger and amateur partner Andrew Rhodes fired a 62 to win by two shots, while in the individual professional division, Steger and Erik Barnes tied for 1stwith sparkling rounds of 66. Mike O’Toole and Mike Bell won the senior team division by three shots with a 66.
This event would not be possible without the tremendous support of our sponsors, including Presenting Sponsor DEEM Mechanical, and Birdie Sponsor Dauby, O’Connor & Zaleski, LLC.
We also want to recognize the tremendous effort and attention to detail by the golf course maintenance staff led by Nick Tower and Randy Adcock. The course has never looked so good and played so well.
It’s never too late to support outstanding caddies in their pursuit of the Evans Scholarship; won’t you please take a minute to donate here: https://www.prairieviewgc.com/product/donation/ For more information on the Evans Scholarship and how it assists exceptional students of modest financial means to attend college, please go to www.wgaesf.org
- Contested at Prairie View Golf Club in Carmel, Indiana
- New entry fee: $750/team if signed up by June 30th
- $1,000/team starting July 1st
- New summer date: Monday, July 20th
- Added: $5,000 amateur skins game
- Added: Senior team division
- Added: Completely complimentary forecaddies for each group
- Format: Team 1-Best Ball Gross of the 2-man team
- $35,000 purse
- Proceeds go to the Western Golf Association’s Evans Scholarship Foundation, which directly benefits Central Indiana caddie programs
- Entry limited to the first 60 teams paid in full
- 270 full tuition and housing awards this year
- 965 Evans Scholars enrolled at 20 universities for the 2017-18 academic year
- Evans Scholarship Houses at 14 universities
- Comprehensive selection criteria include academics, financial need, caddie record and strong character and leadership
- Evans Scholars are campus leaders in academic and extracurricular activities
- Cumulative GPA is 3.3
- Graduation rate is 95 percent
- 10,617 Evans Scholars Alumni
- Nation’s largest scholarship program for golf caddies
- Golf’s favorite charity with over 30,600 annual Par Club members
- Program ambassadors include more than 500 WGA Directors nationwide
- More than $365 million in tuition and housing scholarships awarded all-time
- Average total value of an Evans Scholarship is more than $100,000 over four years
- Alumni contributed $10 million in 2016 and $114 million cumulatively
- $20 million in annual scholarship costs to be paid in 2017-18 academic year
- Program funding: Par Club contributions and major gifts, 72%; tournament and events, 18%; other contributions such as bag tag membership, memorials and bequests, 10%.